Tuesday, September 25, 2012

...and dey awl axed fuh you

We went on down to the Audubon Zoo...

We had a great day on Saturday. The weather wasn't too scalding so we decided to go to the zoo. Alex had a good time.

When we were in the snake/reptile exhibit Patrick took over Alex and I had Ross. Ross was happy as a clam running around in the dark, crowded exhibit. I finally got back over to Patrick to see him sitting on the bench. WHAT!?! I've been chasing around Ross and you're sitting. Then I notice Alex laid out on the bench with his "iPad" (a notebook) and a crayon and he's drawing a snake. How cool is that? Patrick said he saw a snake and just wanted to draw it, so he took his iPad out, sat down, and went to work. After we left there we took a family picture by the Oak and the drawing bug hit Alex again, he just had to draw a tree.


Toward the end all he wanted was Roman Candy (taffy) so we skipped from the Swamp on after and circled back around for the boy's candy.



Aunt Meggie took this fabulous family shot


Aunt Meggie watching the fearless Alex climb like Curious George (which, by the way, happens to be his new favorite show)


"Here's my crayon. I'm going to draw a tree."

My sweet boys!



And this is my favorite!




No comments:

Post a Comment